God can take your faithfulness and begin a spiritual legacy. (1)
The list of saints who have impacted my life is long.
- Earl remained joyous despite being bed ridden for 15 years.
- Kitty encouraged others despite a 20 year battle with cancer.
- David never used his war injuries as an excuse.
- Pat never wanted others to know who gave the money to help those in need.
- Cullen understood that God’s Call did not necessitate proficiency in Hebrew.
- Art understood high school boys did dumb things and that grace was often the best discipline.
- Hope taught me to hold my counsel until God gave me a Word.
- Ben taught me to help others rather than worry about being repaid.
- Jason’s music lifted my soul when it could go no lower.
These are but a few of the saints who have been Abraham to me. God has used them to be a blessing to the nations and to me.
I have been in ministry 30+ years. Rarely have I ever thought about my spiritual legacy. To do so would destroy it.
Do not worry about your legacy. Instead focus on your faithfulness. God will do the rest. God in His grace will use you and me to make a difference in the lives of others.
The Lord said to Abraham,:
“I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing to the nations.” (2)
+ + +
Blackaby, Richard (2006-12-01). Experiencing God Day By Day (Kindle Locations 2543-2544). B&H Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.